Monday, November 5, 2007

HW 28: A letter to Riverbend

Dear Riverbend
I would like to thank you for writing this book and opening my eyes to what is really going on in Iraq. What is the point of this war? It has now lost its meaning, even though now so many have lost their lives. The situation in Iraq needs to be straightened out because it is causing devastation in not one but two parts of the world. First off I would like to say how much I respect you for not hating our troops. It takes an intelligent young women to realize that these men do not want to be there, they all have families of their own. She knows that not all American troops are bad. Although I have to say It scares me to know that our U.S. troops are actually hurting, killing, and torturing innocent people. It is so hard to hear things of that nature. I felt like they were incapable of that. It really bothers me to think that this is actually happening. We don't see/ hear these negative stories that these people are living, and I want to thank you again for letting me now be aware of these occurrences. As a young women I'm interested in your struggles in trying to maintain the status that you deserve. Although I can not completely identify with you I can sympathize and tell you not to give up in your abilities. I also want to let you know how intelligent I find you to be. You are so accepting of different cultures, relgions and even Americans. I give you credit for this. Especially with what is going on in your country now you are still recognizing that each country has their own beliefs. Your book is so interesting and is really opening my eyes to what is going on around me and in your country.

No comments: