Monday, September 24, 2007

HW 11: Responding to Rebecca MacKinnon

Response to Rebecca MacKinnon's blog:
The blog that I chose to look into was what seemed to me to be Rebecca's main blogging site. I found this at http://rconverstaion.blogs.com/. Rebecca's blogs are more internationally based blogs. Her blogs focus on alot of issues dealing with China and other areas of Asia. Mackinnons's blogs are set up very formally and neatly. They are clearly organized and well thought out. I would consider the tsyle of writing to again be formal, and have background information about the country and the topic itself. I myself have very little knowledge of Asia. I'm sure many readers would challenge this blog, and tell me I know nothing about what I'm reading. Therefore I beleive that her blogs are educational. Since i have very little knowledge of Asia, I really did not know what to expect in her blog. From her interview I could tell that her blog would be world related, and it was. From the interview I gathered that as a blogger Rebecca was very interested in North Korea, and the true perecption of it. She seemed to be really passionate about the country. Which she proved in her blog. She also talks about how blogging is becoming more popular in countries such as China. I found this interesting because it gives Americans new ways to communicate with other all over the world. I found Rebecca's blogs to be interesting when I took the time to read them. However, if I were to disagree; Some Americans may disagree with MacKinnon and would object to her concern with Asian countries. In the past they have been a great threat to us and have proven themselves to be dangerous. If I were to look at this as an opposing argument I would say that maybe we should be skeptical about getting so involved with Asian affairs. I do believe that this is a good article for someone like me to read. If you have no idea about what is going on in the world around you, this is a good blog to read.

1 comment:

Tracy Mendham said...

Kate, this is a good way to approach a text (online or in print) which deals with a subject you don't feel very knowledgable about: straightforwardly acknowledge that you come to the topic as a novice, and talk about what you and other novice readers can take from the text.